TSMC Board of Directors Meeting Resolutions
HSINCHU, Taiwan, R.O.C., May 9, 2023 – TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved the distribution of a NT$3.00 per share cash dividend for the first quarter of 2023, and set September 20, 2023 as the record date for common stock shareholders entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution, and the ex-dividend date for the common shares shall be September 14, 2023. As required by Article 165 of Taiwan’s Company Law, the shareholders’ register shall be closed for five days prior to the record date (September 16 through September 20, 2023) for registration transfer, and the dividend will be paid on October 12, 2023. In addition, the ex-dividend date for TSMC American Depositary Shares (ADSs) will be September 14, 2023. The record date for TSMC ADSs entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution will be September 15, 2023.
2. Approved capital appropriations of approximately US$366.1 million for the purpose of fab construction and installation of fab facility systems.
3. Approved the issuance of unsecured corporate bonds in the domestic market for an amount not to exceed NT$60 billion to finance TSMC’s capacity expansion and/or pollution prevention related expenditures.
4. Approved TSMC’s “Corporate Governance Guidelines”.
5. Approved the promotion of Fab Operations I Fab 18A Senior Fab Director Mr. Ray Chuang to Vice President.