TSMC Reports Second Quarter EPS of NT$5.18

Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., - Jul. 15, 2021TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today announced consolidated revenue of NT$372.15 billion, net income of NT$134.36 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$5.18 (US$0.93 per ADR unit) for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.

Year-over-year, second quarter revenue increased 19.8% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 11.2%. Compared to first quarter 2021, second quarter results represented a 2.7% increase in revenue and a 3.8% decrease in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.

In US dollars, second quarter revenue was $13.29 billion, which increased 28.0% year-over-year and increased 2.9% from the previous quarter.

Gross margin for the quarter was 50.0%, operating margin was 39.1%, and net profit margin was 36.1%.

In the second quarter, shipments of 5-nanometer accounted for 18% of total wafer revenue; 7-nanometer accounted for 31%. Advanced technologies, defined as 7-nanometer and more advanced technologies, accounted for 49% of total wafer revenue.

“Our second quarter business was mainly driven by continued strength in HPC and Automotive-related demand,” said Wendell Huang, VP and Chief Financial Officer of TSMC. “Moving into third quarter 2021, we expect our business to be supported by strong demand for our industry-leading 5nm and 7nm technologies, driven by all four growth platforms, which are smartphone, HPC, IoT and Automotive-related applications.”

Based on the Company’s current business outlook, management expects the overall performance

for third quarter 2021 to be as follows:

Revenue is expected to be between US$14.6 billion and US$14.9 billion;

And, based on the exchange rate assumption of 1 US dollar to 27.9 NT dollars,

Gross profit margin is expected to be between 49.5% and 51.5%;

Operating profit margin is expected to be between 38.5% and 40.5%.

TSMC Reports Second Quarter EPS of NT$5.18

TSMC Spokesperson

Wendell Huang
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer

TSMC Deputy Spokesperson

Nina Kao
Public Relations Division
Tel:886-3-5636688 Ext.7125036