TSMC Board of Directors Meeting Resolutions
Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., Nov. 10, 2020 – TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved the distribution of a NT$2.5 per share cash dividend for the third quarter of 2020, and set March 23, 2021 as the record date for common stock shareholders entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution, and the ex-dividend date for the common shares shall be March 17, 2021. As required by Article 165 of Taiwan’s Company Law, the shareholders' register shall be closed for five days prior to the record date (March 19 through March 23, 2021) for registration transfer, and the dividend will be paid on April 15, 2021. In addition, the ex-dividend date for TSMC American Depositary Shares (ADSs) will be March 17, 2021. The record date for TSMC ADSs entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution will be March 18, 2021.
2. Approved capital appropriations of approximately US$15.1 billion (approximately NT$430.6 billion) for purposes including: 1) Installation and expansion of advanced technology capacity; 2) Installation of specialty technology capacity; 3) Installation and upgrading of advanced packaging capacity; 4) Fab construction, installation of fab facility systems, and capitalized leased assets; 5) First quarter 2021 R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
3. Approved capital appropriation of approximately US$124.7 million (NT$3.555 billion) to build up a Zero Waste Manufacturing Center at the Central Taiwan Science Park.
4. Approved an investment to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary in Arizona, United States of America, with a paid-in capital of US$3.5 billion (approximately NT$99.75 billion).
5. Approved the following personnel promotions:
- Promoted Europe & Asia Sales Organization Senior Director Dr. C.S. Yoo to Vice President.
- Promoted Quality & Reliability Senior Director Dr. Jun He to Vice President