TSMC Board of Directors Proposes NT$3.0 Cash Dividend per Share
Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – February 18, 2014 – The TSMC (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a NT$3.0 cash dividend per common share. The proposal is scheduled to be discussed and decided at the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on the morning of June 24, 2014.
TSMC’s Spokesperson and Senior Vice President, Ms. Lora Ho, said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2013 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated revenue totaled NT$597.02 billion and net income was NT$188.15 billion, with diluted earnings per share of NT$7.26.
2. Proposed the distribution of a cash dividend of NT$3.0 per common share and submitted the proposal for approval by the 2014 AGM. The Board of Directors also approved distribution of employees’ cash bonus and profit sharing totaling approximately NT$25,269.33 million. This includes cash bonus of NT$12,634.66 million distributed following each quarter of 2013 and profit sharing of NT$12,634.66 million to be distributed following the 2014 AGM.
3. Approved capital appropriation of US$257.1 million for the purpose of upgrading specialty technology capacity, R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
4. Approved the appointments of TSMC North America President Rick Cassidy and TSMC Vice President of R&D Dr. Wei-Jen Lo as Senior Vice Presidents of TSMC.
5. Approved the convening of the 2014 AGM for 9:00 a.m. on June 24, 2014 at TSMC’s Fab 12A headquarters (No. 8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan).